Hip-stamatic













































































































It started with an Action Sampler I bought 12 years ago. A little camera that captures sequential photos on good old fashioned film. I'm a sucker for film, as an art student I learnt to process and print my own photos and I thought that one day I would become a photographer. However I never had the patience to swot up on the technicalities of studio photography and preferred taking photos that capture a great composition, feeling or moment. My Action Sampler was very hit and miss and like a lot of my photography a complete experiment, but it's fun - I love sending off a film, waiting (these days anything between a day and 10 days) and then opening the packet to a pile of prints that are all either hits or misses and I think I get a lot of photos that other people wouldn't even try taking. I like the complementary nature of film - digital can be quite hard and sometimes show to much detail for my liking and so the softness of film can go down a treat. I only really own film cameras (including a Fisheye one) and have spent 2 years lusting after a Lomo - I can't get the one I want cheaply enough for my budget. However, now I have something that's the best of both worlds, a new app for my iphone that cost less than £2! Hipstamatic gives me film, lens and flash choices. I have become obsessed with the 1969 film and it's Lomo-like vignette and slightly out-of-date film look. The other advantage of it is that it's totally instant - I could upload the photos direct to the internet if I wanted, however I thought I would layer up the effects and put some of them through iphoto as well. Hope that you like them!